Tuesday, April 04, 2006

LC is still sick

Poor LC. He's on the mend. At least that's what I keep telling myself. After yesterday's dose of Motrin, his fever stayed down. He slept from 6pm until 7am this morning. That is a huge sleep for my guy. In fact, I'm pretty sure he has never slept that long in his life. I know sleep is healing and all that, but what was disturbing is that his diaper was completely dry this morning.

He woke up moaning and crying, trying to say something. I finally translated what he was saying, "Toast". I rubbed his back, picked him up we went downstairs. He wasn't talking much (another worrisome sign), but he did pick out a cinammon raisin bagel. He actually ate half a bagel (cut into quarter, natch), a few strawberries and drank some apple juice. The most he's eaten in a few days. As he started eating, he was shaking less and talking more. It was so sweet to hear that little voice. He was pretty perky for a bit, but by the time I left for work, he was fading again. Fever is low grade. He was just sitting in Grandma's lap, looking out the window and listening to Grandma reading stories. I have a feeling that he is already asleep.

Man, it's hard when your kid is sick!

No comments:



hits