Tuesday, April 11, 2006

How did I get here?

We had a hectic weekend that was a lot of fun. So much going on in the Chili household. And I have at least four draft posts that I haven't published yet. Hard to find time to finish them.

Friday I worked from home. Did actual work, and also did three loads of laundry, ran the Roomba and treated myself to a Wendys salad for lunch. It was a yucky day - poured all day. Mr. Chili graciously did both drop-off and pick-up. Unfortunately I didn't quite finish up my work before they made it home, so I worked a bit more through the evening.

Saturday was a busy day filled with running, dog walking in the park - where LC walked more than he's ever walked before (!), grocery shopping, trying to get LC to nap in the car (only semi-successful), house cleaning, more laundry, etc. All of this domestic stuff is somehow more fun than it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I don't like cleaning, but it's satisfying, and it's fun (most of the time) to do these things with LC. After LC went to bed, I worked on my CV. Emailed it to my sister Sunday morning (she works in HR/recruiting) to get her feedback.

Sunday was a quick run, showering, more cleaning, and meal prep. We had a great visit with Mr. Chili's sister, brother and mother. I love them all. I didn't get as much time to visit as I would have liked to visit because I was in the kitchen. But hey, it's all good.

It feels so strange to be the adult sometimes. How did I get to be the mom? I'm the one in the kitchen making the meal. I'm the hostess. It's so surreal! Reminds me of that Talking Heads song, "Once in a Lifetime":

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
Wife
And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

No comments:



hits