Monday, April 03, 2006

...and there was much vomiting...

Poor LC. He's never vomited in his life. Until this weekend. He made up for it in spades - vomited 15 times in 20 hours. It was a very, very long 20 hours in the Chili household. It started at 1700 Saturday night, last vomiting was Sunday 1300. He kept crying every time. It's been 9 hours now, so I think we're in the recovery phase. I hope. The only thing he's consumed (and kept down) in 24 hours plus is some flat ginger ale. He was so incredibly lethargic that I was *this close* to taking him to the hospital.

Signs that LC is not himself:
- sat calmly and willingly in our laps
- watched more than 20 minutes of TV
- napped on Mr. Chili and me
- napped 2x for 2 hours each
- didn't want to eat
- only peeed (sp?) once
...

He's had a fever since this afternoon, but it seems to be staying low-grade. I haven't medicated it because I believe that fevers are good for the body and it didn't seem to be making him any (more) uncomfortable. What I'm trying not to think about is the fact that the playmate he caught this from has had terrible diarrhea and a high fever for two days. OMG - what if that is next??? Let's hope not.

Usually Mr. Chili and I have flexible enough work schedules that we can trade off to handle sick days. Of course tomorrow, we both have meetings & presentations that we have to be in. So Grandma to the rescue! MIL has come down from her small town to watch LC tomorrow. Thank goodness for Grandmas!

Exercise journal to follow later...had an okay weekend, but not as good as it should have been. I was a little focused on LC, not my eating. I know, excuses, excuses.

Night.
Chili.

No comments:



hits