Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How warped is my body image?

Seriously warped.

In addition to helping control the thrush, these dietary restrictions have another great side effect: weight loss. I have lost all my prw-baby weight and then some. I weigh less than I've weighed in five years. It's not all diet related, I've also been running three times a week and have gone as far as 10km. I'm wearing a size six in pants - I don't think I've ever worn a six before. I really like my new body. It feels good to be fit and healthy and still be able to nourish Pepperette.

So with all of this good news, how is it that I still feel fat sometimes??? For maybe two weeks after my weight stabilized, I could really see how my arms were smaller, I have a waist again and my legs look leaner. Obviously I'm wearing a smaller clothing size too. And yet yesterday, when I looked at my naked body in the mirror, I automatically started to catalogue my flaws - thighs too fat, boobs still huge, etc. I've lost 33 pounds. I can't believe that I'm so conditioned to believe that I'm fat that I slide right back into beating myself up. Have I been so programmed by society? By the patriarchy? It's pathetic.

(This is going to sound annoying, but it is true. I've not been trying to lose weight. The anti-candida diet means that I can't eat crap - no processed stuff, no sugar, no alcohol, no bread. It is pretty ineveitable that you lose weight if you cut all the crap out of your diet. I will confess that although weight loss was not the goal, I'm vain enough to be very happy about being thinner.)

No comments:



hits