Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A fun night in the Chili household

Or not. It's 6:45am, I'm sitting here nursing Pepperette. It's not that early, unless you've been up many times in the night. Pepperette had a hard time falling asleep last night, didn't go down until oh, 11:00pm. And LC, who has had a scratchy voice and minor cough for a couple of days developed a fever last night. We knew something was up because he was strangely cooperative at dinner (didn't try to leave the table while eating, didn't bother Pepperette, actually listened), complained of being cold, and then decided to lay on the couch after dinner. He was then asleep by 7:45pm - early. He was also restless and got up three or four times. Fortunately for me, Mr. Chili took LC so I could handle Peperette. So here I sit, exhausted, knowing that LC won't be going to Montessori today. There go my plans for the day. Sucks.

And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine. Wow, is this a whiney post. Sorry 'bout that.

I just really hope it is a virus that LC has - regardless, I'll have to get a urine sample. This is the first fever he's had since stopping the prophylactic antibiotics in Dec. Let's hope it's not a bladder infection. Because that would be a very bad thing.

While I'm whining, I'll also mention that my nips are very sore. Which means a thrush flareup. And I have no idea why. I am so tired of the pain. Even though it is sooo much better, I still get flareup. And I'm tired of it. But short of stopping breastfeeding, there's really nothing else to do except live with it, continue the diet, take all the pills. And feel defective for having the most persistent case of thrush ever.

I'll try to be in a better mood next time I post.

No comments:



hits