Sunday, January 27, 2008

That's better

Wow. Is there anything that a good night's sleep can't fix? Pepperette and LC had the best night of sleep they've had in ages. I feel human this morning and in a good mood. Knowing myself though, I wonder how long it will last...

I was suposed to attend a yoga class this morning - by myself. For the first time since Pepperette was born. But I deliberately didn't set an alarm, and the kids actually slept in, so not enough time to nurse Pepperette and get there. I'm bummed, but so glad to have gotten a good night's sleep.

We had a pretty good day yesterday. LC did okay at hisf irst dentist appt. Unfortunately we had to wait so long in the waiting room that we used up most of LC's good will. He actually laid down in the chair and let her count his teeth, but when it came time to polish/clean his teeth and have his teeth checked by the hygenist, he was having none of it. We decided to end the appt when it became obvious that LC was losing it. Kicking, whining, saying no. He wasn't going to calm down, and there was no point in traumatizing him.

After the dentist, we headed to one of the large suburban malls for lunch and errands. We were pretty productive. With the dietary restrictions P and I have, there is very little that I can eat. So the boys had sushi (sigh), P and I had New York Fries. These are the only fast food fries that I can have. There is no crap in them - only potaoes cooked in oil. All other fries that I've looked at: Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King - they all have freaking dextrose. Why the fuck do you need to add salt and sugar to French fries???

After lunch, we asked LC if he wanted to try playing in the kids play area. We've never tried it before. It's an on-site daycare where you can drop off your kid for one or two hours. They have to be 18 months to 12 years. And it costs $6/he. Shopping with my hands free? Priceless. (Mr. Chili was holding Pepperette.) Spent my gymbucks on a very cute bathing suit for Pepperette and a casual dress. Found a couple of cheap pairs of pants for myself too. We were all tired after this (I squeezed in a 7.6km run in the morning), so we headed home. LC said he had a good time at the play centre.

A quiet night at home, baths for the kids, and an escape for me. Even though I was bone weary, I headed to a local coffee place for a cup of tea and some alone time. It was most excellent. Mr. Chili had a good night too, blowing stuff up on his xbox 360 while listening for the kids on the baby monitor.

Yeah, it was a pretty good day. On tap for today: showering (yes, I have to schedule that), groceries, vacuuming, trying to stay sane. Normal stuff.

Pepperette is finished nursing and getting into everything. I'd better go.

No comments:



hits