Saturday, January 26, 2008

And the fun continues

Or should I say the snot continues.

Thursday started off well. Ok, not great, Pepperette had a fever and cough, but at least LC was well enough to go to school. Again, I got smacked down. A mere one hour after being dropped off, the school called. LC had a terrible rash on his face and could I come get him. Note that he had rash on his chest and back that morning, but nothing on his face. And tyically, viral rashes appear after the fever and the person is no longer contagious. I know this from Dr. Google.

I had to wake Pepperette, who had only been asleep for half an hour, poor thing. Then I called the doctor's office and asked if they could see LC after Pepperette. I was pretty confident that LC was fine, but since I was already taking P in, and was going to have to drag LC along, what the heck. I also called my Mom and begged her to come over. She agreed, said she would come soon. And showed up three hours later. Now I know I'm being an ingrate here, but she was so late that I almost had to get Mr. Chili to come home from work.

Trying to shorten the story... Dr appt went well. My mom helped wrangle the kids. Pepperette is still small, but consistently so. When she's healthy, bring her back for her shot. LC's rash is viral, although she did take a throat swab just to check. So good news. No one was very ill. After the appt we went to the little cafe nearby, so I could nurse Pepperette and LC could have a snack. Good thing my Mom was there, because as I was packing up, LC took off. God, my kid posses me off so much sometimes. My Mom got him while I put Pepperette back in her car seat.

Once home, the afternoon was pretty uneventful. Way too much tv for LC, cranky Pepperette, cranky me, my mom trying to be helpful. I was so glad when Mr. Chili came home early.

Friday was moreoif the same. LC was feeling fine, as evidenced by his full-on attitude. I wanted to take the kids to some sort of play-gym, but was afraid we would be rejected when they saw LC's face. So we stayed home. Pepperette wasn't napping and she has this nasty diaper rash that just isn't getting better. LC was driving me around the bend. Again, Mr. Chili came home early.

So how much do I suck as a mom that I can't handle two sick kids for three days? I am so dependent on LC going to Montessori. It's pathetic.

It's the weekend now. Mr. Chili is around full-time. I finally get to go for a run. Sans kids. LC has his first dentist appt. Man, I hope he does okay. We've tried to prep him.

Gotta go. Been typing this on my Touch while Pepperette has a marathon nursing session. And both of them need to end.

No comments:



hits