Monday, March 27, 2006

Or "Why am I getting fat?" (27-Mar Food Journal)

Because I am lacking all self-discipline. Whereas in the year after my son was born I ran because I was depressed and trying to get away from my situation, I am no longer depressed. I am loving (nearly) every moment with my son. I am loving my job, even if I am working too many hours. So I am completely, absolutely lacking 1) the motivation to run and 2) the time to run. And I am eating entirely too much for entirely the wrong reasons. Hmph. Oh, and I am still struggling to recover from plantar fasciitis (sp?). Expensive orthotics or not, I still have heel pain.

Today I weigh 151.8 pounds.
Jan-02: My pre-pre-pregnancy weight was 130, when I was running marathons/half-marathons, eating right and very focused on me. And wasn't depressed about not being pregnant. And it was proposed that I was too thin (at 5'5" - I think not!), so I gained some weight.

Jan-03: My pre-pregnancy weight was 140.
Sep-03: My son is born. I weigh a whopping 195 pounds. I gained 55 pounds in pg. Ugh.
Jan-05: About 16 months post-partum, I had gotten back to 140, and was quite happy. Then the upward trend started again.
Today: 151.8. I cannot keep doing this!

Today's food journal:
B detour bar
B source yogurt
B TH steeped tea, 2M, 1S
S gumballs (10)
L leftover cassoulet (13g fat) [recipe from Eating Well magazine - I love this mag!]
L banana choc chip muffin
D beef tortellini w/pasta sauce, parm cheese
D 3-4 pcs poppycock (2g fat?)
D TH steeped tea, 2M, 1S
S ThinAddictives cookies (3g fat)
Evaluation?
Reasonable. Now if I can eat like this and add exercise back in, maybe I can get the scale to move the other way!

Note: I was entering all this in fitday.com, but it was taking entirely too long, and I lost patience with it. Keeping a journal has worked for me before, albeit on paper and it was many years ago.

No comments:



hits