Thursday, March 30, 2006

LC's last nursing

As referenced in a previous post, LC weaned at the end of Feb-06. I want to write down that last nursing session because I know I'll forget.

We woke up on the morning on Sunday, February 26, 2006. It was a sunny morning and we were all lying in bed, still sleepy. LC asked to nurse, in that charming voice, "Want to nurse, please." I pulled up my shirt and he latched on. He didn't nurse for all that long, it was really about comfort at this point, and routine. We lay there on our sides, and I started down at him and kissed the top of his head. I felt happy and proud and sad and excited that this was likely his last time breastfeeding. My tiny baby was now a 2.5 year old toddler and we had been through it all with breastfeeding. After he was done nursing, he popped off and announced that he was was hungry and wanted toast. And that was it! He was done.

No comments:



hits