Thursday, March 30, 2006

Conversational tidbits from LC

Little Chili is pretty darned cute. He is not just talking in sentences now, he describes things in great detail - paragraphs, even.

So some tidbits from the past two montessori school dropoffs.

TH conversation #1:
LC "They have any timbits today?"
Me: "Well, they might honey. But we're just buying tea for mommy today".
LC: "Not coffee"
Me: "No, mommy doesn't drink coffee."
LC: "I drink coffee"
Me: "Really?"
LC: "No. I like tea."

TH conversation #2:
…No timbits question this morning. But the gem of the drive was at the drive through,
Disembodied voice from the speaker: "That will be one thirty five, please drive up."
Pause
LC: "What's onethirtyfive, mommy?"
Me: "That's how much my tea costs. How much money I have to pay for my tea. Sometimes I win a tea, but usually I have to pay."
Silence. How does one explain the concept of money??? Hm. Okay, wasn't that funny. But I was impressed by his observation.

Note 1: For anyone not familiar - TH = Tim Hortons. An incredibly popular coffee & donuts chain. As Mr. Chili says, "The best mediocre coffee you can buy!" Good, hot coffee, tea, donuts, muffins, now also has sandwiches, soup, etc.

Note 2: TH currently has their famous Roll Up the Rim to Win contest on. Order a coffee, drink it, roll up the rim and you might get...the chance to play again! I've actually won five free coffees (tea) this year.

Note 3: Okay, so I lie to my kid. Little, white lies. We treat him to Timbits (aka donut holes) every once in a while. This means that every time we're at TH, we get bombarded with "We getting Timbits?". So the standard response has been, "Gosh, honey, they're all out today." Which changed his standard question to, "They all out of Timbits today?"
I'm waiting for the day he just shouts his order into the speaker. Then we'll really be in trouble!

No comments:



hits