Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Notes from LC's fourth Halloween

Some bullets of Halloween:

  • I can't believe this was LC's fourth Halloween.
  • In 2003, he was only a few weeks old his first year, and I dressed him up as a chili pepper. He looked so cute. He slept the whole evening. Mr. Chili and I just stared at him, still in that new-parent daze. We visited our neighbours across the street to show off our little chili pepper. (No, no correlation at all between my nom de blog and LC's costume. Why do you ask?)
  • In 2004, he was a green dinosaur with purple spikes. Costume provided by Nana from Land's End. He was very cute in the costume and happily toddled/crawled around. I think we carried him over to visit the same neighbour.
  • In 2005, I purchased a far too expensive lion costume for LC. And he flat out refused to wear it. Didn't want anything to do with trick or treating. So he stayed home, cranky, while Mr. Chili and I took turns handing out candy.
  • This year: LC had a choice between the notorious lion costume or a fire fighter. Each time we asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween, he would answer differently. We heard: elephant, pumpkin, flamingo, etc. Eventually given a choice between lion and fire fighter, he chose fire fighter. The lion loses again. He made a darned cute fire fighter.
  • 2006 trick or treating? 1 house. LC happily held daddy's hand, crossed the street and visited the same neighbours. He got one tiny bag of chips and one mini chocolate bar. He was pretty pleased with himself. Then he wanted to come home. He spent the rest of the night sitting on

More bullets of Halloween:

  • Pumpkin carving was fun this year. We bought three, and LC had fun "helping" daddy scoop out the insides. We actually made some pretty good looking jack o' lanterns. Will post pics if I ever get them off the camera.
  • We live in a trick or treat dead zone. Even fewer trick or treaters this year. For some reason, our neighbourhood has lots of kids, but is sparse in trick or treaters. Lots of leftover candy. Very bad for me. I have already eaten far too much of it. Blurgh.
  • Manners. Most trick or treaters actually had good manners this year. As opposed to previous years, where the trick or treaters (older kids/teens) just stood there, sullen, not bothering to say "trick or treat" or "please" or "thank you", the kids this year said all those things. There were a few kids that I thought were too old, but not as many as last year.
  • Not really about Halloween, but fun daddy took LC up for a bath, I handed out candy, and then I took over the going-to-sleep duties. LC was out cold by 8:15pm. Awesome!
  • Also not really about Halloween. I submitted my application to the PMI. I hope to hear back by Mon 6-Nov that my application has been approved so I can schedule my exam. Yeah me!

No comments:



hits