Friday, November 10, 2006

My rings don't fit - wah!

A minor whine, definitely not worthy of Phantom's weekly whine-fest.

I have now gained enough weight that my rings are getting tight. I like my rings a little loose and have an irrational fear that they will get stuck on my fingers and I will have to have them cut off. Like I said, irrational.

In my pg with LC, I was pg through the summer and my fingers always swell in the summer, so between the swelling and excessive weight gain, I stopped wearing my rings around 5 months of pg.

Guess what? I am 5 months pg. I have not gained as much weight this time (only 10 pounds to date), but I started this pg 10 pounds heavier. So really, I've gained 20 pounds from pre-pg weight. And I was 10 pounds less than that when I got married. So my rings fit if I'm within 30 pounds of my wedding day, but not more. Reasonable, yes. But I am sad nonetheless that I won't be able to wear my wedding band, engagement ring and engineering ring for the next year or so.

Why a year? I have four months of pg left - and other than this whine - plan on thoroughly enjoying it. Based on my first pg, it will take me a while to start losing weight. And I lost very slowly, despite exclusively breastfeeding.

~~
P.S. I wonder if there is a correlation between my (relatively) excessive posting of late and Mr. Chili's absence? Stay tuned next week when he's home. And I'm in training all week with a long commute each day. I think I know what's next.

P.P.S. What the hell am I doing up at this hour???? Oh yeah, I fell asleep with LC at 2100. Then I woke up to pee at 0045 and realized I had to do his laundry. Why? Four accidents today, that's why. An unheard of number for LC. I'm pretty sure he was due for a BM but didn't want to do it school, that's why the three pee accidents. And the fourth was because I couldn't get the f'in potty seat installed quickly enough for someone doing the BM dance. Oh that mess was fun. And at a good friend's house. Fortunately she has kids and understands.

P.P.P.S. I like using the twenty-four hour style of time. It is consistent and unambiguous. Being the anal sort, this matters to me. I also like using a date format of dd-mmm-yy. I hate the U.S. convention of mm/dd/yy. Why the heck does the month go in front? How am I supposed to know if it's really mm/dd/yy or maybe dd/mm/yy (which is the Canadian/metric version).

Who knew so many things bother me at 0228? And on that note, I'm off to bed.

No comments:



hits