Friday, May 09, 2008

He's cute when I don't want to strangle him

LC stumbles out of his bedroom after midnight.

"What is it?"

Standing there, rubbing his eyes with one hand, the other holding his penis. "I have to wash my hands."

Hmmm. "Maybe you need to go potty."

"Okay"

Mission accomplished. Back in his bedroom, I tuck him in. He asks me to rub his back and is asleep in seconds. And I am filled with love as I lean over and kiss his tousled hair. I remind myself to hold onto this moment now, for tomorrow there will undoubtedly be moments where I want to strangle him feel very frustrated.

2 comments:

Carly Foster said...

Oh, how important it is to document these moments. I look back at them to help survive certain days.

Chili Pepper said...

Carly,

My regret is that I haven't documented more of these moments. The only reason that one was captured was because I sat down and blogged it right after it happened.

Your blog is full of gems. It's why I read it daily.



hits