Sunday, November 11, 2007

Definitely not participating in NaBloPoMo

I thought about participating in NaBloPoMo. Really, I did. I've found that the longer I go without posting, the harder it is to overcome the inertia. I have so much to say, some of it possibly interesting, some of it banal. Yet I haven't posted in months because I've either been struggling so much that I couldn't summon the energy to post or been feeling good enough that all I want is to start catching up on all the stuff I am so woefully behind in.

Here are some bullets of catching up.
  • Pepperette is now eight months old. The cliche is true - babyhood goes by so much faster the second time. She is lovely and very smiley. She is also healthy so far - no bladder infections (LC got sick around 3 months). She is small, like LC was, but his time I'm not getting a hard time from the doctor about it. Hey, someone has to be in the second percentile...
  • Chronic thrush is a bitch. I am still struggling with pain while nursing, which is better than the constant toe-curling pain I had before. What is finally working is a combination of supplements, homeopathics and an incredibly restrictive diet that eliminates all sources of sugar. If I deviate at all from the routine, it flares right back up. I am so beyond frustrated by this.
  • Pain from thrush has been the single thing that brought me closest to developing PPD. But I haven't.
  • The other upside to this incredibly limited diet? When you can only eat good stuff (veggies, limited fruit, plain meat), and no processed food and no crap, you're bound to lose weight. I have lost about 20 pounds since the end of August. I'm now at 3 pounds below my pre-Pepperette weight, within 7 pounds of my pre-LC weight. It feels good to have my body sorta back.
  • LC turned four in the fall. Wow. I have a four year old. Overall, I am loving four - fewer tantrums, better listening, etc. It feels like all the work is starting to pay off. He (sometimes) has good manners, will stop when asked, eats a ton, is learning so much at montessori.
  • Mr. Chili had a significant birthday just before LC's. 4*cough*0. He doesn't care about birthdays or celebrating them, but I do, so on the day, he played golf with his friends, came home for late dinner, got his presents from us. Then I had a small surprise party with two of his best friends and their spouses and offspring. (Total of six adults and five kids five and under.) Mr. Chili was surprised and, I believe, had a great time.
  • I have finally gotten my tired ass out the door and resumed running. I'm taking it slowly, doing run/walk sets. Did I mention very slowly? Oh well - it really does feel good to be out there three times a week. Pepperette has been really good in the jogging stroller. It is much more of a workout to push the darned thing.

I started this post in the wee hours of Friday morning. It's Sunday evening, Mr. Chili has Pepperette and LC is asleep. I had better post now before another couple of months go by. I wrote it on my Palm LifeDrive, but couldn't login to blogger from the damn thing. Frustrating! It takes for freaking ever to tap out an entry. But writing while nursing seems to the only way to get time to write.

No comments:



hits