Saturday, February 02, 2008

Strawberries!

It's been a pretty exciting week on the thrush front. I am virtually pain-free. And I have tried some new foods! It's sad how excited I was to eat one third of an Asian pear on Wednesday. Pepperette had some too. Yesterday, I ate chopped strawberries mixed with Balkan style high-fat unsweetened yogurt. It was the first strawberry I've had in six months. Mr. Chili said I had the hugest smile on my face while I was eating it. Sad, but true. I have hope that I'll be able to expand my diet. I can't see being able to eat sugar or anything fermented, but maybe I'll be able add more fruit and thus more variety into my diet.

In other news, this week a good friend invited me to attend a taping of a daytime talk show. We were both able to arrange childcare, so off we went. We took the commuter train from our suburb to downtown Toronto. We were in the (very small) studio audience for "The Steve and Chris Show" on CBC. It was a hoot. My inner geek was quite impressed with the mechanics of getting a show together. It takes a lot of people to get a show on the air. The set is really nice, as were all the people we met. As an added treat, they put makeup on all the audience members. Apparently in earlier shows they noticed the aufience looked really washed out. So they started putting makeup on everyone. I never wear makeup, so this was like a little bit of pampering. The show itself was fun, and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Whew! This has taken me three days to write. Sad but true. Things are better and the same 'round here. A brief "House of Plague" update: LC is better, Pepperette still has a crusty nose, I am still having aches and a sinus headache. Mr. Chili seems to be avoiding our germs so far. He does however have a honking big cold sore. Yum.

No comments:



hits