Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Grumpy

I don't remember this stuff from my pg with LC. Or was in such denial/depression already that I didn't notice it?

All I know is that yesterday I was especially:
1. Short on patience w/LC
and everyone else. But especially LC. Who really wasn't trying my patience more than usual. He was just being a normal 3 year old. I just had no ability to deflect/distract/cajole/whatever from LC's antics and famous not-listening (aka ignoring) skills.

I completely lacked the ability to laugh at myself tonight too.

2. Tired
At the end of the work day, and I didn't work all that hard (mentally or physically), I was exhausted. I got in my car, drove home and thought, "Man, am I tired."

And I had the best (and longest) sleep the night before. Best sleep in ages.

~~
So after dinner, I asked/told Mr. Chili that I needed to go out and run some errands. And I did. I had a coat on hold for LC (bought a size 3, decided a 4 would be better, needed to exchange). Also needed to pick up an anniversary gift for Mr. Chili. And a card.

I can't believe how lame the anniversary cards are. Blah, blah, mush, blah. Finally settled on a card, figuring it's what I write that counts, not the card. Cannot think of a good wood-based gift (the traditional 5th wedding anniversary gift), so I bought him a new Xbox 360 game and plan to tape a toothpick to it... Sneaky, eh?

Also bought a present for LC from his new baby brother or sister. Got him a new Playmobil set - a police van. Should buy us some hours of entertainment, I hope.

~~
The grumpiness reminds me of my old PMS struggles. I know I'm being a b_tch/not reacting normally/etc., but I can't seem to stop myself. Ah well, so long as it doesn't last, I'm sure Mr. Chili and LC will forgive me.

I hope tomorrow is a less grumpy day.

No comments:



hits