Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fool's (cont'd)

[Continued from previous post, as my mobile web browser apparently has a max number of characters allowed. Grrrrr.]

I have to remind myself that it's still better than with LC. I'm generally coping better, and I think she's a more mellow baby. But I'm still pissed off/frustrated that I'm 0/2 for latching babies. She is almost one month old, and here I am, still tied to the f'n pump.

I believe at I am still hanging onto my sanity, managing to keep myself from sliding down that slippery slope into that dark, warm and familiar pit. I've got an appointment with the post-partum psychiatrist next week. On one hand I want her to agree that I'm doing great and don't need to come back. On the other hand, I'm terrified that she'll let me go, PPD will suddenly set in, and no one will be there to help me. Not espcially likely or rational, but it's haunting me.

2 comments:

Liz Miller said...

Congratulations on the arrival of M!!!

And I know that you've done the pump thing before, but have to ask if you're pumping hands-free? That saved my sanity when I was doing it.

Chili Pepper said...

Liz,

Thankfully I'm no longer pumping. I never did master pumping hands-free. Ta-ta's are too big? I'd ask how you did it, but frankly, I'm not expecting to ever need this knowledge again. Two kids is wonderful and perfect. (And plenty of work.)

Sorry it took me so long to read & respond!



hits