Monday, February 26, 2007

Still here, still pregnant

Whooda thunk it?

  • I'm one day shy of 39w. Two weeks further than I made it with LC. I really, really did not expect to still be pregnant. Don't know how to feel about the fact that I still am.
  • I stopped working two weeks ago. And LC is still in montessori school. I feel a bit guilty about that, but have really been enjoying this precious time to get things done. I feel really ready for this baby now. I guess it balances out my experience with LC, where I still had a week left at work when he was born.
  • I'm getting scared about how big this baby is going to be. But I know we'll be fine. I know this is selfish, but dammit, I don't want to be pregnant much longer. We are all ready to meet this baby now.
  • Murphy's law says that because I stopped working at 36.5w, I will end up having this baby late. Oh geesh, I really, really hope not.
  • I have three to six good contractions every day - the kind that make me pause and think, "Oh crap. This is what it's all about. How could I have forgotten how much fun this is going to hurt?". But they never develop into any pattern.
  • My midwives are going to be very surprised to see me tomorrow morning for my weekly appointment. They really thought I would deliver around 37w again. Hah! They are at least as excited as we are about my labour - making sure I understand to page RIGHT AWAY if I think I might be in labour. It's fun having a history of precipitous labour - make the midwives really anxious.
  • Mr. Chili and I have spent no small amount of time planning out what to do in the event that things go too quickly and the midwives don't make it. We have a plan in place and feel pretty good with it. We're planners, Mr. Chili and me. Especially me.
  • I'm still feeling really good. Quite mobile and agile. I don't have as much stamina, and get winded coming up the stairs or whatever, but really, feel quite fit. I am getting huge, but feel like it's mostly my big belly. Mr. Chili will glance at my belly and get this shocked expression on his face - it's pretty hilarious.
  • Got pregnancy portraits taken last week. I hope they turn out well. I did this with LC and was quite happy to have them - not glamorous, and I didn't look great - but I wanted to capture myself pregnant with LC and PB, warts-and-all. I have three prints of my LC session framed, but have never hung them. Now we'll wait until we get the proofs from this pg, and get two or three framed, then hang them all together in our bedroom.

Next up - more on PPD. Found a really good book about having a baby after PPD. I've been doing a lot of thinking about this topic lately.

No comments:



hits