Friday, October 06, 2006

Anyone got a site counter that doesn't install spyware?

I'm looking for a site counter. Nothing fancy. My requirements are:
  • Doesn't install spyware when I access the site or install the site. (Maybe my firewall settings are too strict, but I've found that tracksky, sitemeter and statcounter all throw up "this site is blocked" in IE*.)
  • Simple counting of how many visitors from what domain
  • How users found my site (search terms)

That's about it. I think. Did I mention I'm new to all this?

Let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

*Yes, part of the problem is that I'm using IE. I know, I know. I need to get with the times and use Firefox. Haven't had time or energy to make the switch.

1 comment:

Phantom Scribbler said...

I don't think either statcounter or sitemeter install spyware when you use them. You do have to allow them to run javascript in the browser, but I don't think spyware is involved.

Unless, of course, they just punish people who use IE! ;-)



hits